PEEK is a material with a minimum number of compromises.
Why choose it?
- Even better anti-friction, fatigue and load-bearing capabilities than PPA can offer.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Inherently fire retardant
- The component is small but important for the product. It improves the performance of the product but the increase in cost is moderate in relation to the benefits.
Why not choose it?
- I am often asked about PEEK and whether it suits a certain product. PEEK is a great material and without a doubt a good choice for extremely challenging products. However, the reason it isn’t more popular is its steep price.
- Components in the automotive, medical, and aviation engineering that require high mechanical performance in temperature above 150°C.