PPO is very challenging to process alone, that is why it is mixed with a small amount of polystyrene.
Why choose it?
- High fire-resistance rating and good insulation capabilities.
- Endures contact with (boiling) water for prolonged periods of time.
- Dimensionally accurate in changing conditions.
Why not choose it?
- Poor chemical resistance (e.g. oils and cooking grease) and risk of continuous load.
- Housings of electric appliances (insulating capacity)
I am not very familiar with PPO; there are not many reference cases. Please comment if you have more practical experience with the material.