TPE-E is a thermoplastic copolyester that offers higher mechanical performance than cheaper TPE grades.
Why choose it?
- Good impact resistance and flexibility in low temperatures
- Excellent fatigue resistance
- Extensive service temperature area (-40°C to +120°C)
- Excellent chemical resistance, especially for oils and solvents
- Good paintability
Why not choose it?
- TPE-E might not go low enough on the Shore A scale
- As a member of the polyester family, TPE-E is sensitive to boiling water and steam
- High cost – choose only if you need the performance
- Ski boot or snowshoe. Both require good mechanical performance and fatigue resistance in low temperatures.